Monday, November 17, 2008

Quilts

Finally, after three years, I have a relatively permanent sewing spot! I didn't realize how much I'd missed quilting until I could finally get back into it. I've unpacked my fabrics, and sorting through them has brought back memories of favorite past quilts. In the 7 or so years that I've been quilting, I have had some fun! Here are some of my favorites:


From Fall Blog

From Fall Blog

Baby quilts and wall hangings were among the first ones I made because they're fun and quick.


From Fall Blog

This quilted bag, made for a friend around the beginning of the "quilted bag" craze, made me feel so proud - I created something that someone actually wanted to carry around!


From Fall Blog

When Luke got his big boy bed (gosh, that seems such a long time ago now), he needed a quilt, which made me brave enough to venture into the world of bed-sized quilts. Below is the bed quilt I made for my parents' fifth-wheel home away from home; now that I have my sewing stuff all set up, I cannot wait to finish the bed quilt I started in fall 2007 for Ben and I.


From Fall Blog

And here's my most recent quilt, made for friends who just had a baby girl.


From Fall Blog

It feels great to quilt again!

No comments: