Sunday, May 24, 2009

Cheeky Chicken

So, I went downstairs to check on the girls, and snapped this cute pic of them all:



From Spring 09


Then, I turned away and heard a distinctly odd sound, something scraping on hard plastic. I looked back at the girls, and found this:



From Spring 09


Pippi, so named because of her flair for adventure, had hopped up on top of their waterer!



From Spring 09


One more hop, and she'd be out of the brooder - so, now the whole thing is covered in netting with no way for her to escape. Cheeky girl.

5 comments:

Susan said...

I love that last pic--she looks so inquisitive. And the chicken palace is looking great. I'm taking notes as the kids haven't forgotten they want quail.

Rana said...

Wow they have really gotten big. I can't wait to see the finished product on their new home.

Dana said...

Wow- it didn't take long for those little yellow puff balls to change!

I'm looking forward to seeing the finished home too. It looks great.

Anonymous said...

They look like they're decideing who is going to make the jump in the first picture - Go Pippi!

Mountainmama

Anonymous said...

oops - deciding!