Thursday, August 6, 2009

The Carnival of Unschooling: First Edition

I am so proud to be a part of my friend Susan's newest endeavor, The Carnival of Unschooling. It's a monthly carnival, and if you have a post about your family's experiences that you would like to be included in the September Carnival, then you should submit it by August 30th.



But whether you do or you don't, go and check out the carnival for August, up at her blog, The Expanding Life. It's a great start to what I'm sure is going to be a great resource for those who are unschooling, and those who are thinking about it. Thanks Susan!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited because now I can officially get in on this one! Yahoo!!

Karen said...

Are you guys really taking the plunge? Yay!

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Karen. I really hope that the Carnival of Unschooled Life becomes what you described: a place for unschoolers to go every month and get recharged, a place where they can feel part of community.

As I always say, it's a good life, and it deserves to be celebrated.

Susan said...

Hmm...I'd like to contribute, but I can't decide if I am an unschooler. Lots of my practices are unschooly...I strew...I field trip...we spend days just reading...but I make my kids do math. An unschooling friend pronounced me "definitely not an unschooler". Can you be a partial unschooler or is that a contradiction in terms?

Karen said...

Isn't it funny how 'strewing' plays such a big part in the lives of unschoolers?

Susan of In the Kitchen, I think that there's a spectrum of homeschooling, and it sounds like you probably are more of an unschooler than not - I can think offhand of about five of your recent posts that qualify you for the Carnival of Unschooling, so I hope to see some of your stuff in there in upcoming months!

Susan of The Expanding Life (and the Carnival of Unschooling's creator), I hope you agree?

:-)
Karen