Sunday, November 28, 2010

My New Favorite Leftover Turkey Recipe

Remember this scene from A Christmas Story?



My favorite part of the scene actually comes after, where little Ralphie is listing all the turkey dishes that they'd be missing this year: the Turkey Divan, Turkey Curry, the Turkey à la King, Turkey Sandwiches...

Well, when we arrived home literally groaning under all the turkey and fixings my Mom–In–Law sent us home with (thanks Mom!), I knew I was gonna have to put on my thinking cap. And I did! Tonight's dinner was so yummy, and easy, I'm going to share it with you.

Turkey Croquettes - Now, don't panic! Croquette is just a fancy name for Patty.

1 cup leftover turkey, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups leftover stuffing, any large vegetables finely chopped
1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs (or more if the mixture is too wet)
3 eggs
1 tablespoon dried parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
Cranberry sauce

1)Combine turkey, stuffing, breadcrumbs, eggs, parsley, salt, and pepper in a bowl. Mix well, and divide into 8 patties.
2) Heat olive oil in skillet, preferably nonstick, over medium heat. When olive oil is hot, add croquettes and cook for 10 min. per side. If it looks like the patties are getting to ground, turn the heat down a bit.
3) Serve with cranberry sauce; this recipe was for it just then and I but you could double or triple it for however much leftovers you have.
Enjoy!

3 comments:

jugglingpaynes said...

LOL! We just had turkey soup with leftover mashed potatoes. Thanksgiving--cook for a day, eat for a week!

Peace and Laughter!

Sparklee said...

Darn--we gave away all our extra turkey. Now I'm wishing we hadn't so I could try this recipe!

Karen said...

Cristina - I just froze the last little bit of leftover turkey, and one serving of turkey quesadillas (an old Cooking Light recipe that we look forward to every November.) It is true about eating for a week!

Sparklee - there is always next year :-)