Monday, February 18, 2008

Light Sabers


I just love these little light sabers that Luke made, the product of an Ingredients Project where I put out a bunch of different ingredients, and he used them to create something.
Here's what I put out for the project:
Uncooked pasta
Posterboard
Glue
Markers
Copper wire - which ended up as the tiny buttons on the light sabers, in case you're wondering..
Now, someone else might have used copious amounts of each ingredient; I had imagined Luke gluing pasta to the posterboard, or stringing it onto the wire, making something really big. But that's not where his mind is, I guess, and the result showed me (for about the hundredth time) how important Luke's ideas are to him, how right those ideas are - even when they differ completely from my expectations.
Perhaps, especially then.

No comments: