Monday, May 12, 2008

Happy Mother's Day

Two things my boys couldn't do last Mother's Day that they can do now:



1)Luke couldn't get himself soup-to-nuts ready for bed last year, but now he's doing it all himself. Including deciding when the lights go out, sometimes as late as when Ben and I go to bed. I'm glad Luke is finding his own way, as long as he gets up when he's needed in the morning; one of our favorite spectator sports is to watch the kids walking to the school bus in the morning, from Luke's bedroom, with him still in bed!



2)Owen routinely, voluntarily (!) gets himself dressed, by which I mean, he chooses his own clothes and puts them on!



It's really a double-edged sword, though, because while I'm glad I don't have to nag about these things anymore, I also have two boys who are growing up before my eyes.



Sometimes, that feels waaay too fast.

No comments: