Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Creativity Speaker

Tonight I checked out the Life Without School blog (in my blogroll, right over there -->), and found an article about reading that really resonated. And then I went to the author's blog and found an embedded video of Ken Robinson's TED speech on creativity, which made me so happy!



Months ago, I came across this speech and loved it - and then I lost track of the speaker's name, and the conference at which he spoke, so it was very nice to have it fall into my lap tonight.



If you have 20 minutes or so, this is a very worthwile speech to hear. Also, Ken Robinson is a funny guy! Thanks to Jena of Yarns of the Heart; my first visit to her blog won't be my last.



4 comments:

Jena said...

Hi! Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you liked my reading article and then found Ken's talk. I love this thing too. It's nice to "meet" you!

Karen said...

Nice to meet you, too, Jena! I also really liked your post about reading on Life Without School; I've had so much fun this past year as a homeschooler coming up with ways that play can equal learning, and for reading, that seems to mean immersion in books, lists, recipes, directions, maps... so much of learning to read happens before the actual decoding of print. Your post helped me to remember that.

Thanks for visiting -
Karen

Jena said...

Hi Karen,

Have you seen Games for Reading by Peggy Kaye? We got A LOT of good out of that book. She has great ideas. I love your blog. Very fun kids you have. :) and thanks for adding me to your blog roll.

Karen said...

Hi Jena,
I'm going to reserve Kaye's book from the library (prelude to buying it, I'm sure!) Thanks for visiting my blog, glad you like it!